Wallace: Real Housewives of Auckland won't return

Spy News,
Publish Date
Friday, 5 January 2018, 1:55PM

The Real Housewives of Auckland cast member Louise Wallace says the show is unlikely to return for a second season.

Responding to a fan on her Instagram who asked whether season two had been confirmed, the housewife and theatre producer responded, "Sadly, doesn't look like it will happen."

It's not the first time a cast member has shared the news that the show is over. Last year, in an interview with the Huffington Post, housewife Anne Batley-Burton said they've "more or less been told there isn't going to be one for now".

She continued: "I think it's a question of funds as to why we didn't shoot a second season - it's really expensive to film this in our really small country.

"We heard they're going to try to do everything to make a second series possible but I hope the feedback from overseas helps us."

The Real Housewives of Auckland first aired in New Zealand in 2016, and in the US in 2017 - where it found fans in celebrities such as writer and actress Lena Dunham.