Party season is in full swing, and Spy’s inbox is crammed with invites.
There are copious Melbourne Cup parties to kick off November, while the Tiffany & Co store opening and ASB Tennis launches, the VNZMAs and the Moet Ice Q4 Party all early stand-outs so far.
So who are the hottest VIPs on the invite lists? We asked some of Auckland’s best party planners, and here’s who they say are the most sought-after:
● Fashion Designer Jessica Grubisa of Harman Grubisa takes the millennial top spot — for the respect in which she is held by the IT crowd and her authentic and on-brand social media following.
Maria Tutaia and Jessica Grubisa.
● He may be Wellington-based but All Black Beauden Barrett beats out every other male sport star for a ‘must have’, if in Auckland, where girlfriend Hannah Laity already has a firm hand in the social scene.
● No one ever gets tired of having glamazon Silver Fern Maria Tutaia, whose personality and charm equal the scene-stealing glamour she provides on entry.
● After a lukewarm reception hosting at last year’s VNZMAs the man who has touched the hammer of Thor, director Taika Waititi and anyone in his circle are “in demand”.
Michelle Blanchard, Taika Waititi, Phil Goff and Fiona Tarlton.
● Michelle Blanchard was already an “in demand” socialite before becoming a Real Housewife, and can afford high end goods at luxury launches. She’s still on the hot list.
● With the remake of Goodbye Pork Pie due to be a huge success early next year, wise party throwers have its star Dean O’Gorman top of their list, along with his gorgeous wife Sarah Wilson whom he married earlier this year.
Sarah Wilson and Dean O’Gorman.
● In the nicest possible way, party planners are a little more excited about inviting Auckland’s new mayor Phil Goff at their do, than his predecessor Len Brown. Let’s face it, it’s always good to have the ear of the mayor.
● Out almost every night of the week Fiona Tarlton (daughter of Kelly) has stamina. With a wide and diverse range of contacts, she is the eclectic lady to have arrive on your red carpet in her vintage ensembles.