You have the power to reinvent your life any time.
Often, the only thing holding you back is you.
I've transformed from an investigative journalist into a wellness expert.
It took self-belief, courage, hard work, study and time. I love my new career helping Kiwis to live healthier and happier.
Dancing with the Stars judge Camilla Sacre-Dallerup reinvented her life too. Once a dancer, she is now a motivational speaker, hypnotherapist and life and mindful living coach.
She has penned a book, Reinvent Me: How to Transform Your Life and Career, which reveals an eight-step guide to help anyone to reinvent themselves — like she has.
I attended her book preview night in Auckland.
Camilla told everyone at the event she came to a point in her life where she became "Camilla the dancer". But she was no longer happy. She felt lost, stuck and empty. "It was a tough time." So she decided to reinvent her life and career.
She loves her new focus and helping others. She penned her book for those who may not be able to afford a coach.
Here is some of her motivational wisdom:
• Recognise: Work out where you are and where you need to go.
• Ego: Learn how to free yourself from ego-based decisions.
• Innovation: Plan what action you need to take to start turning your dream into a reality.
• Now: Stop procrastinating and take action.
• Visualise: Picture your reinvented life and find the courage to start now.
• Evolve: Learn to go with the flow of life and become more "you".
• Nurture: Discover why it's essential to nurture your talents and yourself as you go through reinvention.
• Transformation: Commit to your reinvention and embrace the new you.
• Rachel Grunwell is a weekly wellness columnist for Indulge. She's a wellness expert, speaker, coach and yoga teacher. She teaches mindfulness to corporates to help them de-stress and improve productivity and creativity in the workplace, giving them a competitive edge. An award-winning writer and keen marathoner, follow her lifestyle blog.